www.writerapriladams.com

Monday, August 11, 2014

Review of Impervious (The Ascension Series) by Heather Letto

I give it 4.5 Stars! Heather Letto did an excellent job with this book!

This is my first dystopian read outside of The Hunger Games. I think this one is WAY better!

Impervious is a glorified bomb-shelter-made-city 40 years past it's prime. The inhabitants should have been released back top-side but corruption keeps them trapped in their sunless, artificial, self-centered lives below ground. Most of them are happy that way, but there are a few who buck the system. They are the Rebels. Since no one lives past 40 (with a few exceptions) because of a disease, these rebels are kids - teenagers who are actually in their "mid-life" stage. It's the hope and idealism of youth vs. a drearily elitist system of oppression and illness.

It's not a world I'd want to live in, unless I could be top-side. This book makes you think. It could happen! That makes it so compelling.

This is the first book in The Ascension Series and I will definitely be buying book 2 and beyond! I read this in one day. I like the characters but felt that just a little more time developing them, glimpsing into their head space, would have just amplified an already great book.

I can't wait to see what happens in the next one!


Get your copy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment